Thursday 29 December 2011

X2D AND I: THE EXPERIENCE OF A LEARNER AND DREAMER.

                                                           
X2D AND I: THE EXPERIENCE OF A LEARNER AND DREAMER.
Having had a private conversation with the X2D’s helmsman, Mr. Ayodeji Deji-Irawo ,I was already conversant with the vision of De King’s Vision Limited and its subsidiary X-clusive to Divinty(X2D) which is an emerging kingdom creative- multimedia African brand(?Tongue twisting).
On assumption of duties at the New(Social) Media department, as an intern, I had a warm welcome and subsequently ‘tour-guided’ into responsibilities it is saddled with-
*Designing and maintaining the company’s official website.
*Interfacing with the X2d fans and prospective clients via social media sites like facebook, twitter, youtube and blogs.
*Proper record keeping/cataloguing  artistes’ albums, events, concerts, listening parties etc in the library.
*Writing  artistes profiles, documenting contacts addresses of its public, and most especially working as a team in achieving set goals and birthing new ideas/concepts.
It is noteworthy that I found a particular occasion so unique, it is the Monday meeting. This is when all workers gather together to meditate on God’s word, pray, evaluate the previous week’s assignments, and also set definite goals for the new week. The first meeting was an experience I won’t forget in a hurry. Some unit members were aggrieved and had to lay bare their grievances. Normally, such name calling and doing/passing the blame game makes things worse or escalate into “u go see”. But objective analysis and constructive criticism with mature jugment prevailed and put smiles on all faces-we all left with the word “PASSION” embossed on our minds. Being an unrepentant learner, I believe the aims to be achieved through the meeting are reinforcing the company’s vision, building team spirit and placing premium on accountability/stewardship.
Besides, I have learnt that lack of proper time management is the bane of excellent productivity. Also, exchanging pleasantries and activating the ‘unserious work mode’ make the work easy, especially in my unit. Since I’m still travelling on this new found path, more experiences will definitely unfold as time ticks, but so far, it has been worthwhile.
POST SCRIPT.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that I made this happen all by myself. Mr Abayomi Sosan,my Supervisor and team leader, did squeeze this creative juice out of my brain and mind. To him I say I’m TANKFUL!

- OLUDOTUN ADESUA.
*I joined the team in October 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment